August 11, 2010

天真

In the flight to Cincinnati, I was reading a magazine with Chelsea Clinton's wedding photos.

Hasan saw the photos and asked me what the event was.

Mommy:「This is a wedding. They are getting married.」

Hasan:「Why do people get married?」

Mommy:「Because when people love each other, they want to get married.」 (Not the best answer, I know, but good enough for a 4-year-old.)

Hasan:「Is that why you and daddy are married?」

Mommy:「Yes, because I love daddy very much.」

Hasan:「Then why do you yell at daddy?」

Mommy (all embarrassed...because Hasan was very loud):「Uhh.....sometimes people get upset and they yell at each other, but that doesn't mean they don't love each other.」

(Whew~~)

Kareem:「Mom, do you love me?」 Now Kareem joined the conversation.

Mommy:「Of course I love you. I love you very much.」

Kareem:「Why?」

Mommy:「Because you are my son.」

Kareem (paused for 5 seconds):「Oh~~ so is Hasan your cloud?」

(He thought I said I love him because he is my "sun", which, in some way, is kinda true too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment